Mission: BUMC Chancel Choir seeks to glorify God as we lead the congregation in worship, through music, and in supporting, caring, and praying for one another in Christan love.
Check the information below, then come to a rehearsal to learn more!
Frequently asked questions about participation in the choir.
- Do I have to audition? NO
- Do I have to be a trained musician? No. You only have to have a love for music and singing.
- When does Chancel Choir sing? At the 11:05 traditional service. Warm-ups begin at 10:30 in the choir room. We also sing at Lenten services and present a Christmas "Festival of Carols" each year.
- Is a nursery available during rehearsals? Yes, if requested ahead of time.
- What are rehearsals like? Warm-ups start at 6:30 pm. We practice upcoming music, in an atmosphere that is fun and laid back. We allow time for announcements and share prayer concerns. Rehearsals end at 8:00 with a prayer.
- Where is the choir room? Go down the stairway that is off the Narthex. Follow the signs ahead; they will lead you to the choir room. Someone will be there to greet you.
- Whom do I contact if I have more questions? Director James Wells - or 615.324.7228
We invite and encourage you to give BUMC Chancel Choir a try! We believe that if you come, you will be blessed by the fellowship and by the music.